Saturday, October 23, 2010

Community Relations for PRSSA

.
So this year, I have decided to get more involved on campus at Missouri State. I mean, I am junior, so it is now or never.

Last year, my lovely aunt, who is a PR professor at Belmont, paid my membership for PRSSA (Public Relations Student Society of America) for Christmas. And this year, I am co-chair with Andrea Lensing for Community Relations. I am so excited!

This job suits me so well because I am already plugged in the Springfield community and want to help a of these non-profits any way I can, and now, I have an outlet for that.


website
Basically, we want to help volunteer at a different non-profit event each month, to get our organization's name out there and get more involved in the community. This Friday, we are volunteering at "Halloween Night at the Museum" at the Discovery Center. We get to dress up and help kids have an educational, fun Halloween.

Next month, we are also planning to help Ozarks Food Harvest's Fashion Show. This one is dear to my heart because of my internship with them this summer. I am excited to be a part of them in a small way again.

This chair position has also made me realize that I could potentially love working in Community Relations for an organization. So if non-profit PR doesn't happen for some reason, I have something to fall back on. :) Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment