Sunday, November 28, 2010

Compassion International in Colorado

3) Apply for an internship with Compassion International in Colorado Springs, CO.

Ever since I decided to become a Public Relations major two years ago, I dreamed about applying to Compassion International Internship program. It seems to be a great summer program, and I like Colorado Springs.

Weheartit


Here are the details:

  1. Students that graduate between May 2011 and May 2013 are eligible. Check.
  2. Have a 3.2 GPA. Check.
  3. It is a 10 week program from May 23, 2011 to August 1, 2011.
  4. Deadline for application is January 9,  2011.
  5. Internships available in the Communications Department.
  6. More detailed job descriptions available December 6, 2010!
  7. Optional Vision Trip August 4-11, 2011 to Dominican Republic. Cost $1, 200.
  8. Paid internship of $8 an hour.
  9. Four day work weeks (Monday through Thursday) and Friday will be a rotating volunteer day.
  10. Out-of-state students have the option to living with a Compassion host home for $300. Transportation not provided.

Of course, I would have to find a fabulous coffee shop to work in there to incorporate coffee into this adventure. I am not familiar with the area, so I am up for ideas! This idea excites me because it would take care of the summer and fulfill every aspect of what I want this adventure to be. 

I would get to see the States as well as another country and get another internship all at the same time.

Thoughts?


Pin It

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like an awesome idea, Beth. I know Compassion is something you are really passionate about, and I think it would be a good fit for you!! :)

    ReplyDelete