Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Night at the Museum

Friday night, it was PRSSA's first volunteering event coordinated by me. Me, Lindsey, Travis, and Doug all helped out at The Discovery Center's Halloween Night at the Museum.


It was such a neat idea. Kids came dressed in costume and could go to different booths that were both scientific and about Halloween. The grand finale involved blowing up pumpkins. I didn't get to see it because I was cleaning, but it sounded like a lot of fun.


My favorite part of volunteering at events like this is meeting new people. I greeted with a sweet lady named Linda, who was a Drury student in a Organic Chemistry class. During candy lulls, we got to chit chat, and it is always fun to meet new people. :)


 It was so fun! I was a greeter at the door, so I had the best seat for all the cute costumes the kids wore. There were a lot of Spidermen, Woodys, and Buzz Lightyears. I also gave out candy at the end, so I think I was automatically the kids favorite volunteer.


My friend, Megan West, who works at The Discovery Center, was also there and a cat like me! It was good to see her at her work place.


Travis, my beau, was a sheriff. He was so sweet to help with my volunteer event!


Me, Doug, and Lindsey posed for a picture for at the end of the night. (Lindsey was a "cereal killer", which was pretty creative.) All in all, I would call this event a great success for The Discovery Center and PRSSA. Looking forward to more opportunities to volunteer this year!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment