Friday, December 31, 2010

Adventure Ideas 5, 6, & 8

5) Work in a coffee farm with my wonderful friend in St. Louis.
6) Go to Spain to visit my Aunt (maybe with my lil sis).
AND
8) Just move to a Spanish speaking country for no reason.

I put these last three ideas from my original list together because they are still possible dreams for the future, but they will probably not happen this year--which is okay.

Kudos to T. Bill
Being a Barista in the coffee industry, I would still love to visit a coffee farm with the intent of learning all I can about the process. Tom Billionis, owner of The Coffee Ethic (my boss), visited the Los Planes farm in El Salvador. I would love to spend some time there someday.


My friend, Lizzy, is also interested in learning this process, and we have tossed around the idea of going to work on a farm together, but the details are probably not going to work out this summer. She is applying for an internship with the Bread and Puppet Theater, and I really hope she gets it. I think it is still a good possibility for the both of us in the future. We both love adventure, the Hispanic culture, travelling, and coffee.


3937640411_2856cba69d_z_large
Kudos to Weheartit
Spain. I want to visit Spain a lot. My mom's sister, Lynne, lives in Spain with her husband and adorable son, Andrew. I would love to visit her with my mom...possibly with my sister as well. This is still a possibility, but it would be a short trip. 

Originally, I thought it would be awesome to spend a month there with my sister because she and I both like to expand our Spanish skills. She is also graduating high school this year, and I want to take advantage of the time we have together before we live miles apart from each other.

Kudos to Me
Moving to a random Spanish-speaking country was appealing to me at one time because it would be much cheaper than studying abroad. Who needs school credit anyhow? However, this suggestion is probably the most "dangerous" adventure because I would be alone in a foreign country for a significant time period. I would learn Spanish really quick though and be able to eat Pollo Campero whenever I want. I love Pollo Campero!

Tumblr_lbvytgo7hz1qcm8b6o1_500_large
Kudos to Weheartit
I have been thinking all semester about my possible summer adventures. I have made a decision, but I am not going to tell you yet. I will announce it on January 15th, so be looking. 

P.S. I am going to be starting a new blog series on January 3rd involving coffee tips. It will essentially be a weekly post with coffee making and history basics. I am no expert, but I hope to share my little knowledge of the coffee industry with you. 

P.P.S. My blog's one year anniversary is right around the corner, and I plan on having a special for it.


Good-bye 2010! Hello, 2011!
Happy New Year! 
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Bethany, you should contact my daughter about immersion schools. She did one in Mexico, GuanoJuato/Leon. A very safe environment, albeit she did it with her sister, but it wasn't too expensive to live there or study. She did 6 weeks and just loved it, (except for the initial tummy problems from the street vendor foods, but she thought the food was absolutely delicious!). You can find her on her blogs that I listed earlier for you.

    ReplyDelete