Saturday, December 4, 2010

Coffee Kids?

4) Apply for an internship with Coffee Kids in Sante Fe, NM.

So I have no information on this, but I wanted to hear feedback anyway.

Coffee Kids is a now-profit organization whose mission is to "work with coffee-farming families to improve their lives and livelihoods." It is located in Sante Fe, New Mexico. In essence, Coffee Kids seeks to help build the communities of Latin America that are affected by coffee reproduction. Many coffee companies such as The Coffee Ethic partner with Coffee Kids as a way to give back the the communities who are supplying them with fabulous coffee.

It is not just about the coffee, though. Coffee Kids works with farmers and villages directly helping them develop and well-rounded economy, so that they are not reliant upon fluctuating coffee prices. Their focus is on grass root efforts, micro-finance, etc. For more info check out their website.

WeHeartIt

So there is no "formal" information about an internship with them on their website, but I do have a contact person who used to work there as the Communications Manager. I would essentially e-mail them to see if it is even possible.

This definitely is adventurous (I have never been to nor do I know anyone in New Mexico). It involves coffee, culture, community, AND PR.

So what do you think?
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the idea of this. I'm an international relations major and have been toying with the idea of going into non-profit stuff for a while.

    And an internship sounds so cooooool! Especially in New Mexico because then it's warm and you could even get a feel for how the families that farm coffee live!

    I think. I'm not really sure what the climate is like where they farm coffee beans. Ah, whatever.

    I think you would be very smart to take this internship. Even if that doesn't work out, it's probably a stepping stone for you.

    ReplyDelete