Monday, July 11, 2011

A House is Not a Home


I said my official good-bye to The Fremont House about a week ago
So many emotions
running
through
my head


I am happy
to be rid of 
ANTS
I am exhausted
from cleaning and 
MOVING
I am anxious
to start a new
CHAPTER
I am sad
to loose my 
ROOMIES


I will miss
Pippie greeting me 
each morning
My neighbor saving me
from my bad cooking skills
Always having someone
different to entertain


I will miss
Walking to class
Walking to Homegrown Foods
Walking just walking on Fremont


I have so many fond memories
of those three other crazy
Fremont House Girls
from the Snowpocalypse
to Christmas dinner
to parking each other in


They say a house is not a home,
but The Fremont House was my home for one year.
I will miss it,
but now it is time to make a new home.

-Beth


p.s. I am going to miss small children trick or treating at my house during Halloween. :)
What is home to you?
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment