Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Springfield's First Food Day Celebration


This Saturday, the Springfield community came together to celebrate National Food Day for the first time.  It was $2 to get in and all the proceeds went to Ozarks Food Harvest. It was the perfect match for fundraising and fun!


I volunteered with the beau's pre-professional society and happened to be paired with some PRSSA members too. We had fun selling Smart chicken sandwiches and Quinoa salad from Momma Jean's. 



The Wilhoit Plaza was a great place for an outdoor event downtown! And the weather was beautiful, even in the middle of October.


I absolutely adored chatting with those girls. That is why I love volunteering. You never know who you will meet. 

Every moment is a moment for networking!



And Ozarks Food Harvest is such a good cause! I interned their the summer before last, and I just keep coming back because they are such a great community organization!

Do you have a place you always volunteer at?

-Beth

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Looks lovely! So many pumpkins! And let's see...I loved volunteering with Big Brothers, Big Sisters...and of course POHO. :-)

    ReplyDelete